Posted by: RedaChouffani
After reviewing the remainder of the core set measures in the meaningful use. We continue the analysis, but the review of the analysis.
The following table is part 2 of a series of the analysis of each measure:
There are additional measures that are referred to as “Menu Set”.
- Implement drug formulary checks
- Incorporate clinical lab test results into certified EHR technology as structured data
- Generate lists of patients by specific conditions to use for quality improvement, reduction of disparities, research or outreach
- Send reminders to patients per patient preference for preventive/ follow up care
- Provide patients with timely electronic access to their health information (including lab results, problem list, medication lists, medication allergies) within four business days of the information being available to the EP
- Use certified EHR technology to identify patient-specific education resources and provide those resources to the patient if appropriate
- The EP, eligible hospital or CAH who receives a patient from another setting of care provider of care or believes an encounter is relevant should perform medication reconciliation
- The EP, eligible hospital or CAH who transitions their patient to another setting of care or provider of care or refers their patient to another provider of care should provide summary of care record for each transition of care or referral
- Capability to submit electronic data to immunization registries or Immunization Information Systems and actual submission in accordance with applicable law and practice
- Capability to submit electronic syndromic surveillance data to public health agencies and actual submission in accordance with applicable law and practice
Some of these menu sets will be discussed in the next part 3 of the analysis.