Posted by: RedaChouffani
IT, kiosk, reduce costs, web portal
There are several proven and effective solutions that can assist medical organizations to improve efficiency and reduce costs. The following list outlines some of the available solutions to use in order to achieve some of the desired goals online and at the front desk.
- Some of the services that can assist health organizations online are:
- Web portal to capture patient registration (medical history)
- Internet presences with SEO (search engine optimization) to capture new patients
- Web portal to provide patients with available times (or use online services such as ZocDoc.com)
- Web portal to provide patients with their lab results (reduce incoming phone calls to the practice)
In the front desk
Cutting costs and increasing efficiency through solutions
- Some of the services that can assist health organizations during registration:
- Patient eligibility check (preferably done at the schedule level and display on the calendar the membership status on the appointment grids)
- Patient packets and forms with bar code technology to speed document capture(eliminate valuable time spent on scanning documents)
- Calling/texing system to confirm appointments (reduce no shows by reminding patients of appointments)
- Kiosks (capture patient information, co-pays, confirm insurance, patient check-in and collect patient balances)
- Tablets (you can always use iPad or Android tablets) for delivering education material pre surgeries,surveys or feedback.
Health-care technology seems to be dominated with EHR and going paperless and other solutions tend to get overlooked when organizations look for ways to reduce costs and improves efficiency. But with some of these simple solutions, medical organizations can accomplish tremendious savings, and increase new patients.