Posted by: Jenny Laurello
#HIPAAchat, data privacy and security, HCSM, health IT social media, HIE, HIPAA, HITsm, Social media, TweetChat
When: Wednesday, August 8, 2012, 2:00 – 3:30 ET
Where: The Twittersphere, using #HIPAAchat
In the upcoming #HIPAAchat TweetChat on August 8, Carlos Leyva, Esq., attorney and managing partner of the Digital Business Law Group of Pennsylvania, and CEO of 3Lions Publishing, Inc., publisher of the HIPAA Survival Guide, will be on hand to answer your most pressing HIPAA related questions, focusing on best practices and solutions for ensuring you have a solid and compliant privacy and security framework in place.
With additional assistance from Ruby Raley, director of health care solutions at Axway, we’ll spend 90 minutes chatting protected health information (PHI) and health information exchange (HIE) privacy and security assurance strategies, HIPAA audits and upcoming compliance deadlines, social media safeguards and more, including:
- T1: Preparation for and responding to continuing OCR audits: HIPAA Performance Audit under General Accepted Government Audit Standards (GAGAS)
- T2: Update on the pending HHS Omnibus rule: Likely outcome and impact?
- T3: Social media and mHealth: Texting and Facebook and mobile- oh my!
- T4: Expanding HIPAA risk analysis into a meaningful use risk assessment
- T5: Cloud computing risks in healthcare: Impact on BAs, and you
- T6: Checklists for tracking HITECH / HIPAA compliance that include: Policies, procedures and tracking mechanisms
- T7: The importance of the 80/20 rule: Taking an iterative approach to compliance
Follow along at #HIPAAchat and get your questions ready for August 8, 2:00 – 3:30 ET!