Change Healthcare is a healthcare technology provider of revenue cycle management, payment management and health information exchange (HIE) solutions. Focused on value-based healthcare systems, the company creates products for payers, providers and patients. Issues that can be addressed with Change Healthcare services are increased patient personal information access, claims management, payment accuracy, customer engagement, network management and the ability to make choices based on quality, cost and convenience. All products are interoperable and AI-driven, spanning across all clinical market segments.
Change Healthcare provides services in three categories:
- Network solutions- Change Healthcare offers an Intelligent Healthcare Network that gives customers access to approximately 800,000 physicians, 117,000 dentists, 60,000 pharmacies, 5,500 hospitals, nearly 400 vendors and 600 laboratories as well as nearly all government and commercial payers.
- Software and data analytics- This platform includes tools for financial performance, clinical decision management, value-based payment, clinical workflow and engagement.
- Technology-enabled services- This segment offers financial and administrative management, value-based care, communication, pharmacy benefits administration and healthcare consulting products.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Change Healthcare has over 89 locations throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Israel and Taiwan.Content Continues Below
Prior to being acquired by Emdeon, a subsidiary of the WebMD Corporation, Change Healthcare was established in 2007 to develop healthcare consumer engagement and health plan cost transparency tools. The acquisition took place in 2014 and in 2015, Emdeon and its associated business units rebranded under the Change Healthcare name.
In 2016, McKesson Corporation and Change Healthcare Holdings, Inc. created a new healthcare company by combining all of Change Healthcare's business with the majority of Mckesson's Technology Solutions businesses.
Some notable acquisitions that are encompassed within Change Healthcare are:
- The Sentinel Group, a software vendor of investigational services that combat healthcare fraud.
- FutureVision Investment Group LLC, a provider of electronic data processing (EDP) and information management services.
- EquiClaim, a provider of healthcare audit and recovery services.
- Goold Health Systems, a healthcare management organization known for pharmacy benefit and related services to state Medicaid agencies.
- Capario, a provider of cloud-based healthcare technology platforms.
- Altegra Health, a developer of intervention platforms that combine data aggregation and analytics with engagement and reporting.