All year long the writers behind SearchHealthIT are tasked with interviewing healthcare IT experts on the phone, at conferences or even in their offices. To recap 2016, Tayla Holman, Kristen Lee and Shaun Sutner got together to discuss their favorite interviews from the past twelve months.
The trio kicked off the discussion by talking about Sutner's interview with the CEO of athenahealth Inc. and Lee's visit with the CIO at a top hospital. During their on-camera talk, our writers touched on everything from what health IT leaders had to say about interoperability and meaningful use, to business transformation and digital health.
Watch and learn about the healthcare IT experts' interviews that mattered most to the SearchHealthIT team. Below, navigate to the original stories and videos:
- Jonathan Bush, CEO and co-founder of cloud EHR seller athenahealth in Watertown, Mass., addresses a number of hot topics in health IT.
- Keith Jennings, CIO at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, discusses the hospital's EHR rollout experience -- including big challenges.
- Reena Pande, CMO at AbleTo in New York, explains the role behavioral health data sharing plays in proving outcomes and why technology won't replace humans in behavioral health treatment.
- Nick Adkins, telehealth expert, says that telehealth technology is successful thanks to patients' and physicians' acceptance.
- Eric Helsher, vice president of client success at Epic Systems Corp. in Verona, Wis., discusses interoperability in healthcare.
- Leslie Krigstein, vice president of congressional affairs at the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives, says meaningful use has had a positive impact on EHR adoption.
- Jo Ann Jenkins, CEO at AARP, talks about digital health technology's effect on the elderly.