Formed in 2004, the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology has been certifying electronic health...
record systems since 2006. Systems that meet CCHIT’s standards provide health care organizations with integrated EHR functions, interoperability and security. Using such systems will help organizations meet the requirements for meaningful use of EHR and be eligible for reimbursement under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
Products that have achieved comprehensive CCHIT certification for 2011 fall into one of four domains -- electronic prescription (eRx) systems; and EHR systems for ambulatory care, emergency rooms and inpatient facilities.
In addition, there are three levels of CCHIT certification: premarket certification, which is given to new products and is contingent on their use being verified; eRx conditional certification, which according to CCHIT, is contingent on the verification of a system’s “ability to conduct medication history, formulary and eligibility checking through a national network for electronic-prescribing transactions,” and full certification.
The CCHIT comprehensive certification is valid until Dec. 31, 2012. This tip will be updated periodically as CCHIT adds more products to the list.
Ambulatory EHR and electronic medical record software with CCHIT certification
- ABEL Medical Software Inc. -- ABELMed EHR EMR/PM 11 (premarket certification)
- Compulink -- Advantage/EHR 10 (premarket)
- CureMD Corp. -- CureMD 10 (fully certified)
- EHS Inc. -- EHS CareRevolution 5.3 (premarket)
- Epic Systems Corp. -- EpicCare Ambulatory: Core EMR, spring 2008 (fully certified)
- Epic Systems Corp. -- EpicCare Ambulatory: Core EMR, summer 2009 (fully certified)
- Greenway Medical Technologies Inc. -- PrimeSuite 2011 (premarket)
- KeyMedical Software Inc. -- KeyChart 18.104.22.168 (premarket)
- MedEvolve LLC -- MedEvolve EHR 4.0 (premarket)
- Medical Communication Systems Inc. -- mMD.net EHR 10.8 (eRx conditional certification)
- NextGen Healthcare Information Systems Inc. -- NextGen EHR 5.6 (premarket)
- NexTech Systems Inc. -- NexTech Practice 2011 9.5 (premarket)
- Pulse Systems -- Pulse Patient Relationship Management 4.1.02 (fully certified)
- StreamlineMD LLC -- Streamline EHR 10.8 (eRx conditional)
Emergency room EHR software with CCHIT certification
- Epic Systems Corp. -- EpicCare ASAP: Core emergency department information system (EDIS), spring 2008 (fully certified)
- Epic Systems Corp. -- EpicCare ASAP: Core EDIS, summer 2009 (fully certified)
eRx software with CCHIT certification
- Networking Technology -- RxNT Version V 6.1.4 (fully certified)
Inpatient EHR software with CCHIT certification
- Epic Systems Corp. -- EpicCare Inpatient - Core EMR, spring 2008 (fully certified)
- Epic Systems Corp. -- EpicCare Inpatient: Core EMR, summer 2009 (fully certified)
Information taken from the CCHIT Certified 2011 Productspage as of April 16, 2010
Let us know what you think about the story; email Brian Eastwood, Site Editor.