Modalties are integrated to PACS using DICOM standard.Most of the recent imaging modalties complies with DICOM standard and support various dicom classes.
Following are the good practices one should adopt while implementing RIS-PACS
1) Liase with Network Administrator and get IP address range for the PACS and RIS components in advance.generally static ip address is used in large scale oragnization.
2) Have color codes for Network cables based on consultation with Network Administrator for patching the servers to the network
2) Have some convention for AE titles and direct modality vendor to assign the AE title based on PACS team recommendation
3) have dicom conformance statement with you when doing the integration and that conformance statement reflects the a
Common issues arised are
1) Simultaneous association.Some modaltiy or workstation may have limitation
2) PDU configuration
3) SOP class support may not be available
4) Transfer syntax may be need to check what other device supports
5) correct Port Number needs to be configured
Last Wiki Answer Submitted: August 23, 2010 10:40 am by Nitinarora435 pts.
TechTarget publishes media for information technology professionals. More than 100 focused websites enable quick access to a deep store of news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial to your job. Our live and virtual events give you direct access to independent expert commentary and advice. At the Health IT Exchange, the online community and dedicated networking portal of SearchHealthIT.com, you can share solutions with health IT peers and get mission critical advice from industry experts. Ask questions, get answers and begin connecting with your colleagues today.