Looking for something else?
Think you know a bit about health care IT? Try our quiz!
1. ___________ is the transmission of healthcare-related data among facilities, health information organizations (HIO) and government agencies according to national standards.
2. A ___________ is a certified professional who oversees the creation and use of health information systems in health care settings.
3. ___________ is a technology framework that allows physicians to write and send prescriptions to a participating pharmacy electronically.
4. ___________ are application programs that offer health-related services for smartphones and tablet PCs.
5. ___________ is a marketing technique used by pharmaceutical companies to educate a physician about a vendor's products in hopes that the physician will prescribe the company’s products more often.
6. __________ is the area of IT involving the design, development, creation, use and maintenance of information systems for the healthcare industry.
7. ___________ is a type of ambulatory healthcare that allows a patient to use an Internet-capable device to perform a routine test and send the test data to a healthcare professional in real-time.
8. ___________ is the practice of medical diagnosis facilitated by digital transmission of pathological data.
9. ___________ is a general term for the use of mobile phones and other wireless technology in medical care.
10. A ___________ is a list of prescription drugs that are covered by a specific health care plan.