Think you know a bit about health care IT? Try our quiz!
1. ___________ is the transmission of healthcare-related data among facilities, health information organizations (HIO) and government agencies according to national standards.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
2. A ___________ is a certified professional who oversees the creation and use of health information systems in health care settings.
3. ___________ is a technology framework that allows physicians to write and send prescriptions to a participating pharmacy electronically.
4. ___________ are application programs that offer health-related services for smartphones and tablet PCs.
5. ___________ is a marketing technique used by pharmaceutical companies to educate a physician about a vendor's products in hopes that the physician will prescribe the company’s products more often.
6. __________ is the area of IT involving the design, development, creation, use and maintenance of information systems for the healthcare industry.
7. ___________ is a type of ambulatory healthcare that allows a patient to use an Internet-capable device to perform a routine test and send the test data to a healthcare professional in real-time.
8. ___________ is the practice of medical diagnosis facilitated by digital transmission of pathological data.
9. ___________ is a general term for the use of mobile phones and other wireless technology in medical care.
10. A ___________ is a list of prescription drugs that are covered by a specific health care plan.