Dell State Health Services is a consulting division of the Dell corporation that provides technology and business solutions for states looking to meet the new federal healthcare IT requirements.
In the United States, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) has designated $19 billion dollars in federal stimulus and healthcare reform dollars; this money is being directed towards investments in state healthcare expansion, delivery and IT systems. To get this money, each state must create its own plan to achieve increased coverage, affordable premiums, medical information sharing, accountability and an overall improved healthcare system.
Dell State Health Services was created in March 2010 to work with states and help create an effective plan that meets ARRA criteria for funding. The DSHS consultation team will assess need and provide potential solutions for medical, IT-related and business services such as:
- Medicaid expansion preparation
- IT infrastructure modernization
- Business process solutions
- Technology optimization
- Integrated health management solutions
- Billing and enrollment solutions
- Consumer-oriented communications platforms
- Traditional IT-related sourcing strategies
Find out more about Dell's Cloud Services